Project I.G.I. origins release date


After the initial failures of Project I.G.I ( I'm Going In) and I.G.I - 2. Covert Strike, developers at Innerloop Studios have reportedly been working on a prequel titled I.G.I Origins, which is set to be released sometime in 2023. The announcement was made by publishers Toadman Interactive in 2019. However, it is also important to note that Antimatter Games, have taken over the project, acting as the primary developers.


I.G.I Origins recently received its first gameplay trailer, which disclosed some action-packed moments from the game. In addition, the trailer also included certain scenes which indicated that the developers were staying true to their roots of the original I.G.I games. 


The trailer starts off by showcasing a few iconic weapons from the original I.G.I games. Players will be able to use binoculars in order to spot enemies from faraway distances, as well as entry points. In addition, the trailer also showcases the feature of switching to third person view, especially in certain sections such as climbing ladders, and melee takedowns.


You can check out the Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer for I.G.I Origins below :-

Trailer-


 

In I.G.I Origins, the player adopts the role of Michael King, an ex-S SAS elite soldier who was recruited by the M16. The gameplay trailer depicts King alternating between stealthily making his way past armed guards, to going in guns blazing, indicating that the game will allow players to approach situations according to their playstyle. 

The I.G.I Origins game is set during the 1980's similar to its previous installments. It also seems like Michael King will be infiltrating a Soviet missile installation to sabotage a rocket. Speaking of rockets, the weapons appear to be quite realistic as well, with fans being able to identify a Dragunov Sniper rifle being revealed right at the start. The Russian soldiers appear to be carrying AK-47s as well as silenced submachine guns. 

igi origins system requirements


Powered by Unreal Engine 5, I.G.I Origins has only been confirmed for a PC Steam release as of now, but it remains unknown if developers Antimatter Games will announce a console port in the future. However, it wouldn't be a surprise if they do decide to skip a console release, considering that the original Project I.G.I was only released for the PC.

There's no release date on I.G.I Origins. You can Wishlist the game now via Steam, and receive updates on its development. 


For more updates, follow us on our Instagram Page.